- In adults 18 years of age and older, Prevnar 13® is indicated for active immunization for the prevention of pneumonia and invasive disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F
Limitations of Use and Effectiveness
- Prevnar 13® will only help protect against S. pneumoniae serotypes in the vaccine
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylaxis) to any component of Prevnar 13® or any diphtheria toxoid–containing vaccine is a contraindication
- Immunocompromised individuals or individuals with impaired immune responsiveness due to the use of immunosuppressive therapy may have reduced antibody response
- In adults, the most commonly reported solicited adverse reactions were pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, limitation of arm movement, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, decreased appetite, vomiting, fever, chills, and rash
In using this application, you agree that neither Pfizer nor any other party is or will be liable or otherwise responsible for any decision made or any action taken or not taken due to your use of information presented through this application.
NO STATEMENTS MADE IN THIS APPLICATION HAVE BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.
Please note, you may report an adverse event related to any Pfizer product by calling Pfizer at 1-800-438-1985. Or, if you prefer, you may contact the Food and Drug Administration directly by visiting www.fda.gov/medwatch, or calling 1-800-FDA-1088.